COVID-19 Resource Center
In the wake of COVID-19 crisis, OAASC is dedicated to sorting through the many updates and pieces of information to share and present those most pertinent to the Ambulatory Surgery Center community. Below you will find several documents provided by the Ohio Department of Health that we believe you will find helpful. We will also be posting these items on the front page of www.oaasc.net as a resource center for those in need of information.
1.NEW - The CDC has updated its guidance regarding the duration of isolation and precautions for individuals with COVID-19 as outlined in this ODH Health Alert.
Healthcare personnel are specifically addressed on page two.
2. Testing supplies have been allocated to local jurisdictions during the past few months, but we will be transitioning form this allocation process to a formal request process through County Emergency Management Agencies (EMAs). The documents below provide further details and helpful forms
3. PPE Update from the Ohio Department of Health
4.The Ohio Department of Health encourages expanded testing and has established priorities for testing that include both symptomatic and asymptomatic people in all settings. A map of testing sites, including private companies and community health centers, has been posted here on the coronavirus.ohio.gov website.
5. CDC latest recommendations for reopening America
6. Testing Guidance updated by ODH on April 30th. Details on how to prioritize testing and guidance for testing are available here and here .
7. Stay Safe Ohio Order is signed by Director Acton.
8. CMS guidlines for re-opening elective surgeries have been released. (Click here for the phase gating details.)
9. Information about decontamination services by Battelle
10. Sample procedural guidance forms. Some of our members have provided samples of the forms they are using to evaluate procedures. Please be advised that these are only examples and provided for reference!
Sample form 1, Sample form 2
11. Communicate with Congress!
Talk to your Senator about what's going on! Find them here.
Talk to your Representative about what's going on! Find them here
12. Governor DeWine issues Executive Order for State of Emergency
On March 9th Governor DeWine issued an executive order declaring a state of emergency in Ohio due to COVID-19. Click here to review the Executive Order.
13. ODH Circulates Documents Relating to Survey Activities and Suspensions Related to Coronavirus
Recently the Ohio Department of Health circulated the following QSO memo from CMS related to COIVD-19 in healthcare facilities. If you haven’t already, please take a moment to review the following documents:QSO-20-12-All: Suspension of Survey Activities